5.27.2007

Alumni Football Game

Yesterday, May 26th, I had an Alumni Football game. Basically what that is, (for those of you that don't know) graduates from the school that I play for, (Silver State Christian School) they get together at the end of the year and play a football game. Full contact. Pads an' all. It's beautiful.

The teams were split up into the even years, (1998, 2000, 2002, etc.) and odd years, (1997, 1999, 2001, etc.) and they play each other. We had practice on Friday morning and Friday evening just to get some basis for our offense and defense. It was weird for me because I'm used to being a senior, (a.k.a. top of the food chain) and now I'm one of the youngest guys on the field. I had one teammate that graduated in 1977. Another weird moments for us recent graduates was when other guys were saying they needed to score a touchdown because their daughter wanted them too. You just don't normally hear that on a Christian team. But these guys were a great bunch of guys. Fast and hard-hitting but fun nonetheless. It was really nice to go up against some guy 2 times my size and speed....and still be able to tackle him without any fear. I had four tackles, give or take. The final score: Evens -- 12 Odds -- 0.